Since its debut on Over The Top streaming platforms, Call The Midwife has been a standout series that captured the heart of viewers worldwide. Starring Jessica Rane and Miranda Hart among the lead actors of the popular series, the drama delves into thought-provoking themes like nationalised healthcare, infertility, teen pregnancy, and adoption.
With an impressive ensemble cast, the show has been praised for its stellar performances and impressive writing.
Exciting News For Call The Midwife Fans-Season 13 Confirmed
Fans can rejoice as BBC has officially renewed Call The Midwife for Season 13. With the announcement of the renewal, fans can look forward to a more captivating plot and compelling character arcs. Adding to the excitement, Season 13 will feature new casts and an interesting plot, bringing a new perspective to the series.
Call The Midwife Season 13 Release Dates
The 13th season of Call The Midwife is expected to premiere on streaming platforms between late 2023 to early 2024. Nevertheless, the exact premiere dates are yet to be announced.
The first season of the highly anticipated series premiered in 2012 with six episodes. Meanwhile, Season 12 arrived in December 2022. Hence, considering the busy and talented cast, it is expected that the production of Call the Midwife will take its time to craft its next instalment.
Call The Midwife Season 13 Trailer
The award-winning series hasn’t released a trailer yet for its upcoming season. Meanwhile, you can watch the previous season’s trailer on YouTube.
Call The Midwife Season 13: Returning Cast Members
While an official cast list for Season 13, it is highly likely that the main stars will reprise their roles. In addition to it, the main cast includes,
- Jenny Agutter as Sister Julienne, Sister-in-charge at Nonnatus House
- Judy Parfitt as a retired nurse & midwife Sister Monica Joan
- Stephen McGann as Poplar’s doctor, Dr Patrick Turner
- Linda Bassett as Nurse Phyllis Crane, Nursing deputy sister-in-charge
- Laura Main as Shelagh Turner (formerly Sister Bernadette), sister-in-charge at the surgery
- Helen George as Senior Nurse Beatrix “Trixie” Franklin (later Aylward)
- Megan Cusack as Nurse Ann “Nancy” Corrigan
- Rebecca Gethings as Sister Veronica
- Max Macmillan as Timothy Turner
- Georgie Glen as Millicent Higgins
- Zephryn Taitte as Cyril Robinson
- Cliff Parisi as Fred Buckle
- Annabelle Apsion as Violet Gee (later Buckle)
- Daniel Laurie as Reggie Jackson
- Olly Rix as Matthew Aylward
Call The Midwife Season 13: Number of Episodes
Although the exact number of episodes has not been announced, it is likely that Call the Midwife will continue its usual format of eight episodes per season. Meanwhile, the number of balanced episode counts provides ample room for character development and engaging narratives.
A Bright Future for Call the Midwife
With its powerful storytelling, outside performance, and widespread popularity, “Call The Midwife” continues to be a remarkable addition to the streaming platforms. Besides, as fans await the thirteenth season, there is hope that the captivating group of nurses will continue to entertain the audience with its inspiring chemistry.
1. Where can we watch Call The Midwife?
You can watch all the seasons of Call the Midwife on Vudu, Google Play, Amazon Instant Videos, and iTunes. Meanwhile, it is available to stream in a few countries on Netflix.
2. Is Call The Midwife based on a true story?
Call The Midwife, the flagship series of BBC is not based on a true series of incidents. Besides, the series is inspired by the story memoirs of Jennifer Worth.