Banking jobs, particularly investment banking jobs are hugely demanded. Every young boy or girl who has a good knowledge of figures wishes to turn into an investment banker. This is due to the fact that investment banking is viewed as one among the well-paid jobs. But it is very important to be aware that it takes dedication and time to be successful in life. You are required to begin with an entry level banking job like countless others. However, there are some job profiles that you have to follow.
Again, investment banking isn’t a solo banking job as there are various other types of bank jobs. SBI Clerk Mock Test curricular explains it all. There are some vital job positions in one bank like:
- Bank manager – A bank manager is the person who administers the regular operations of a bank to discover whether the bank employees are going through their work according to plan or not.
- Financial advisors – A financial advisor makes suggestions and recommendations to the clients. The post of a financial advisor is important as he has got huge responsibilities.
- Accountants – An accountant is excellent with accounts. This post is extremely important as a team of these accountants are presented before tax authorities, investors etc. The accountants also determine the financial state of the bank.
Tests that an applicant has to undergo
For landing banking jobs, you have to appear on papers like reasoning ability, numeric and arithmetic tests, English knowledge test, and general knowledge. Besides these common papers, you also need to appear on papers on finance and law and computers. You are required to solve nearly 225 questions in a time span of about 150 minutes. And you must split your time in every subject instead of going through questions like you do in an old-style exam paper. You ought to make a quick decision without spending your valuable time on one specific question. A student who scores equally high in every subject will be shortlisted on the basis of merit.
Tips for a good banking job
Banking careers are obviously viewed as one of the greatest promising jobs but for getting succeeded you should keep some things in mind:
- Research – For getting a good job you must be aware of the latest happenings. It is of utmost importance to get knowledge of the latest goings that is happening in the business world.
- Networking – Like other fields, banking careers have turned synonymous with networking. You can’t reach anywhere until you have established every right contact.
- Dedication – Dedication is something which is essential for getting success in any field. You have to totally dedicate to the bank and the clients. When you are an investment banker then you have an additional responsibility as people will come to know the process of spending their money. So you just can’t disappoint them.
Besides, mortgage banking employments are interesting too. When a bank teller or an investment banker isn’t your cup of tea, you can try for this job. There are different banking jobs so you have to choose wisely. For appearing in IBPS, practice through SBI Clerk Mock Test from today itself.