Sonu Sood came to Mumbai with just Rs 5500 in his pocket and lived in a one-room-kitchen apartment shared with six boys, now called Messiah by many in the country after his enormous contribution to relief during COVID. During his initial days of struggle in Mumbai, Sonu used to work in a private firm to manage his daily expenses, which pays him Rs 4500 per month.
|Date of Birth||30 July 1973|
|Birthplace||Moga, Punjab, India|
|Hobbies||Playing Guitar, Workout, kick-boxing|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bacchan, Sylvester Stallone|
|Favourite Actress||Sridevi, Raveena Tandon|
|Favourite Musician||RD Burman|
|Favourite Food||Aloo Paratha|
Who is Sonu Sood?
Sonu Sood was born on 30 July 1973 in Moga, Punjab, India. He is an actor, model, film producer, philanthropist, and humanitarian. He debuted in the film industry with the Tamil film Kallazhagar in 1999. He debuted in the Hindi film industry with the film Shaheed-e-Azam in 2002. His commercially and critically acclaimed films are Yuva (2004), Athadu (2005), Aashiq Banaya Aapne (2005), Ashok (2006), Jodha Akbar (2008), Dabangg (2010), Dookudu (2011), Shootout at Wadala (2013), Happy New Year(2014), Simmba (2018), and many more.
He claimed Nandi Award for Best Villain Filmfare, for Best Supporting Actor for his film Arundhati, IIFA Award for Best Performance in Negative Role for his film Dabangg, and CineMAA Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role for the film Dookudu.
|Telugu||Hands Up! (2000)|
|English||Rockin’ Meera (2006)|
|As producer||Tutak Tutak Tutiya (2016)|
Sonu Sood Age, Height, Weight
He is 49 years old. Sonu stands 6 feet 2 inches (185 cm). The actor bears brown eyes and black hair.
|Height||6 feet 2 inches (185 cm)|
Suggested reading – Ritesh Agarwal: Net Worth of OYO Founder, Bio/Wiki
Sonu Sood Education
He did his schooling at Sacred Heart School, Moga, Punjab. He holds a degree in Electronic Engineering from Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering, Nagpur.
|School||Sacred Heart School, Moga, Punjab|
|College||Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering, Nagpur|
|Qualifications||Degree in Electronic Engineering|
Sonu Sood Family
His father, Shakti Sagar Sood is an entrepreneur and his mother Saroj Sood is a teacher. He has two sisters named Monika Sood, who is a scientist, and Malvika Sachar, who is a politician.
|Mother||Shakti Sagar Sood (Entrepreneur)|
|Father||Saroj Sood (Teacher)|
|Sister||Monika Sood (scientist), Malvika Sachar (Politician)|
Sonu Sood Relationships
Sonu Sood is married to Sonali Sood. The couple tied the knot on 25 September 1996. They are blessed with two sons, Ayaan Sood and Ishant Sood.
|Children||Ayaan Sood and Ishant Sood|
Sonu Sood Social media
Suggested reading – Sachin Tendulkar Net Worth: How Rich is The God of Cricket?
Sonu Sood’s Net worth in 2022, Salary, Assets
Sonu Sood’s estimated net worth is Rs. 130 crores ($17 million). He owns a 2,600 sq ft four-bedroom hall luxurious apartment in Andheri, Mumbai. Sonu renovated his family home and spent around 20 crores in total. He also owns a production house, Shakti Sagar Productions, which costs him 17 million. His car collection includes Porsche Panamera, Audi Q7, and Mercedes Benz ML-Class. Porsche Panamera costs 1.8 crores, Audi Q7 costs 1 crore and the Mercedes Benz ML-Class costs 65 lakhs.
Sonu Sood Controversies
- Producer Sheetal Talwar filed a fraud case against Sonu Sood. According to Shetal, Sonu lent him a property on Yari Road, Mumbai saying that it was free of any legal issues, but that wasn’t.
- Sonu Sood drowned in controversy after leaving the film ‘Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi’. Actress Kangana Ranaut accused him of leaving the film because of a female director. Sonu clarified in a statement,” Kangana is a dear friend and she will always remain one but this constant playing the woman card, the victim card, and making this entire issue about male chauvinism is ridiculous. The gender of the director is not the issue. Competence is. Let’s not confuse the two. I’ve worked with Farah Khan who’s a competent woman director and Farah and I had a great professional equation and we are still best of friends. That’s all I would like to say.”
- In January 2021, Mumbai’s civic body BMC filed a complaint against him for illegally converting a residential building into a hotel.
- On 15 September 2021, Income Tax Department carried out a series of raids on different residences of Sonu Sood accusing him of evading tax of Rs 20 crores.
Some lesser-known facts about Sonu Sood
- Sonu Sood has worked in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Punjabi, English, Chinese, and Hindi film industries.
- Sonu worked with his father in their showroom for a while after schooling.
- He decided to pursue modelling and acting when he was in his second year of graduation.
- Sonu participated in the Grasim Mr. India contest and claimed a position in top 5.
- He gained popularity after appearing in the film Yuva co-starring Abhishek Bacchan.
How can I contact Sonu Sood?
You can call on a Toll-free number 18001213711 to connect with his team.
What’s the name of the charity foundation by Sonu Sood?
Sood Charity Foundation collaborated with Divine India Youth Association and formed Sambhavam.