Vijay Sharma, 45, is an Indian entrepreneur and multimillionaire business magnate. He is the CEO of India’s largest payment platform, Paytm. Besides, he is also the founder chairman, and managing director of One97 Communication. Although Vijay is a successful entrepreneur, he once suffered through major financial issues. Additionally, in this write-up, we will explain Vijay Shekhar Sharma’s net worth and the abodes he owns.
What is the Net Worth of Vijay Shekhar Sharma?
As of 2023, the net worth of Vijay Shekhar Sharma is estimated to be $1.1 Billion (Rs.9000 Crores INR) approximately. Besides, the shares with Paytm and its parent company, One97 Communications majorly contribute to the net worth of Vijay Shekhar Sharma.
|Name||Vijay Shekhar Sharma|
|Net Worth (2023)||$1.1 Billion|
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||Rs.9000 Crores INR|
|Monthly Income And Salary||INR 33 Lakhs|
|Yearly Income||INR 4 Crores (Approximately)|
|Last Updated||July 2023|
Vijay Shekhar Sharma, A Prodigy
Vijay Shekhar Sharma, one of the successful CEOs of India, was a child prodigy. After completing his schooling at Harduaganj, he started college at the age of fifteen. Additionally, he graduated when was 19 obtaining a B.tech degree from Delhi College of Engineering.
Vijay Shekhar Sharma: From Rags to Riches
Vijay Shekhar was born in 1978 to Sulom Prakash, a school teacher, and Asha Sharma, a homemaker. Having lived a hand-to-mouth existence during his childhood, Vijay moved to Delhi after completing his higher secondary education.
Meanwhile, during his college, Vijay Shekhar Sharma started a website, Indiasite.net; he received INR 5 lakhs for it. Subsequently, he also founded One97 Communications with a few friends’ assistance. Nevertheless, he ran out of money in 2003 and decided to do a job to run his home. He earned INR 10,000/month. Subsequently, in 2007, one of Vijay’s friends agreed to buy a share of One97 Communications for INR 8 lakhs/month. Meanwhile, in 2007, Vijay was influenced to do major investments, and in 2008, his investment reached crores.
The Foundation of Paytm
In 2010, Vijay Shekhar Sharma realised that the introduction of 3G across the country can impact Indian IT-based businesses. As a result, he made efforts to establish the Internet payment app, Paytm. Meanwhile, within 10 months of the app launch, the app managed to set up 15 million wallets.
As a result of demonetization, Paytm saw a 700 percent increase in transactions. Hence, this resulted in Paytm reaching a $10 billion valuation.
A Sneak Peek into the Exquisite Car Collection of Vijay Shekhar Sharma
Meanwhile, the towering net worth of Vijay Shekhar Sharma has invested in some very exquisite cars. Besides, his car collection includes Mercedes-Benz AMG GT, Jaguar XJ, BMW I8 & Audi A6.
Awards and Achievements of Vijay Shekhar Sharma
- 2022: Won the Best Serial Entrepreneur Award at the Rural and Urban Development Summit and Awards; the award was presented by the Minister of State for the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India.
- Ranked the Youngest Indian Billionaire by Forbes magazine
- 2018: named the Entrepreneur of the Year by AIMA
- Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people
- Ranked by GQ in their listing of the 50 most influential young Indians
- Became the Dataquest IT Man of the Year
- ET Entrepreneur of the Year, by The Economic Times
- Bestowed with an Honorary Doctorate from Amity University, Gurgaon
- Honoured with the Yash Bharati, the highest state civilian award of the Government of Uttar Pradesh
- Named the Businessman of the Year at the GQ Men of the Year Awards
- Conferred with the NDTV Indian of the Year in 2016
- Awarded the Impact Person of the Year Award in 2016
- 2015: Named India’s Hottest Business Leader under 40 by The Economic Times
- 2015: Named CEO of the Year by SABRE Award
Do You Know These Unknown Facts About Vijay Shekhar Sharma?
- Vijay was 19 when he founded his first venture, Indiasite. Net. Nevertheless, he sold the website for $1 million.
- Vijay pursued his formal education at a Hindi-medium college. Although, owing to this, he had poor-communication skills and English. Nevertheless, to improve his vocabulary, Vijay used to read two books at the same time, Hindi and English, respectively.
- Besides, Paytm is an acronym for Pay Through Mobile.
- In 2017, Vijay was on Time Magazine Most Influential People List. Meanwhile, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Vijay Shekhar Sharma were the only Indians to acquire a position on the list.
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma was the youngest billionaire by Forbes Magazine in 2017 with a net worth of $1.3 Billion.
- In February 2022, Vijay was arrested by Delhi Police for hitting a police officer’s car. Nevertheless, he was later released on bail.
1. What is the Net Worth of Vijay Shekhar Sharma?
As of 2023, the net worth of Vijay Shekhar Sharma is estimated to be $1.1 Billion (INR 9000 Billion) approximately. Besides, the shares of Paytm and its parent company One97 Communications majorly contribute to the net worth of Vijay Shekhar Sharma.
2. What is the salary of Paytm’s CEO VSS?
As of 2023, his annual package is INR 4 Crores (INR 33 lakhs/month).
3. Who is the owner of Paytm?
Vijay Shekhar Sharma, 45, owns India’s largest payment platform, Paytm. Besides, he is also the founder chairman, and managing director of One97 Communication.