Anil Dhirubai Ambani is an Indian businessman. He is known for being the chairman and managing director of the Indian conglomerate, Reliance Group. Soon after Anil’s bankruptcy made headlines in 2020, people were head over heels to acknowledge his net worth. So, in this article, we have broken down everything about Anil Ambani’s net worth in rupees and the various factors that are contributing to it.
Anil Ambani Net Worth
As of 2023, Anil Ambani has an estimated net worth of $2.5 Billion, equivalent to INR 250 Crores. Meanwhile, despite the updated “Anil Ambani Net Worth in Billions”, in April 2020, amid legal battles, he revealed that excluding his liabilities, his Net Worth has come to zero. However, in growing years, Anil Ambani net worth in 2020,21,22,23,24 has consequently witnessed an increase. Meanwhile, several factors contribute to his towering net worth.
Several Factors Contributing to Anil Ambani Net Worth
He is the chairman of Reliance Group, including, Reliance Capital, Reliance IInfrastructure, and Reliance Power. Meanwhile, this majorly contributed to the net worth of Anil Ambani.
Among the few Indian private jet owners is Anil Ambani who owns a private jet, Bombardier Global Express XRS, which is valued at INR 311 Crores.
Anil Ambani is fond of cars and has a resplendent collection of them. As of 2023, his car collection includes,
- Range Rover Vogue
- Rolls Royce Phantom
- Toyota Fortuner
- Lamborghini Gallardo
Anil Ambani is the owner of Mumbai’s third most expensive residence. Meanwhile, Anil Ambani’s house is worth INR 3000 Crores. Besides, along with it, several real estates contribute to his real estate portfolio.
A Private Yacht
Recently, Anil Ambani gifted his wife, Tina Ambani, a private yacht, which is worth INR 300 Crores.
Soon after completing his higher secondary education, he pursued a Bachelor of Science at Kishinchand Chellaram University, Bombay. Soon after pursuing his Bachelor’s, he relocated to the United States where he pursued an MBA at the University of Pennsylvania (Wharton School).
Following his MBA, he moved back to India to join his father, Dhirubai Ambani, to carry out the CEO’s duties. Later, after his father suffered a stroke in 1985, he overtook Reliance’s financial relationships under his father’s oversight.
Meanwhile, after his father died in 2002, he and Mukesh Ambani were responsible for joint leadership of Reliance Companies. However, the joined leadership turned into a conflict owing to which their mother, Kokilaben Modi, was permitted to split the conglomerate assets.
Mukesh Ambani assumed control of Reliance Industries Limited and its more traditional units, while Anil Ambani gained control of the telecommunications, power generation, and financial services units through a demerger.
In 2004, Anil Ambani was elected to represent Uttar Pradesh State in Rajya Sabha. Nevertheless, two years into power, in 2006, he had to resign amid several controversies sabotaging his empire.
Anil Ambani was born on 4 June 1959 (age 64 years; as of 2023) in Aden, South of Contemporary Yemen. His father, Dhirubai Ambani, was an Indian Businessman and the founder of Reliance Industries. Meanwhile, his mother, Kokilaben Modi, was a homemaker. Meanwhile, his elder brother, Mukesh Ambani, is an Indian billionaire businessman. In addition to it, he has two sisters, Nina Bhadrashyam Kothari and Dipti Dattaraj Salgaonkar.
Marriage and Children
In 1991, Anil Ambani entered into a love-arranged marriage with Tina Munim, a former Indian actress. Nevertheless, owing to Tina’s association with the glamour industry, he faced much resilience from his family. However, Anil Ambani’s wife shares a great relationship with him. In addition to it, Anil Ambani’s sons, Jai Anil Ambani and Jai Anshul Ambani, are entrepreneurs.
- 1998: Bestowed with Businessman of the Year Award by India’s Leading Business Magazine, Business India
- 1999: Asiaweek Magazine selected him as Leader of the Millennium in Business and Finance
- 2001: Awarded the First Wharton Indian Alumni Award by the Wharton India Economic Forum in recognition of his contribution to Reliance
- 2002: Entrepreneur of the Decade Award by the Bombay Management Association
- 2006: Best Role Model among Business Leaders in the Biannual Mood of the National Poll Conducted by India Today Magazine
- 2006: Voted as the Businessman of the Year in a Poll conducted by the Times of India
[Note: Besides the above-mentioned, there are several other awards and recognitions under Anil Ambani’s name]
What is Anil Ambani Doing Now?
Despite being declared bankrupt in 2020, he didn’t lose his hopes. He, along with his two sons, Jai Anil Ambani and Jai Anshul Ambani, worked to regain their empire. Hence, in only three years, he redeveloped his net worth from Zero to $2.5 Billion.
Lesser Known Facts About Anil Ambani
- In 2006, Anil Ambani was richer than his brother, Mukesh Ambani. However, later things turned and in 2020, Anil Ambani went bankrupt with zero net worth. In addition to it, it was Mukesh Ambani who took him out of the bankruptcy proceedings.
- Following his father’s death, in 2002, Reliance was split into two parts and Anil Ambani’s share was worth INR 550 Crores.
- Anil Ambani is a fitness enthusiast and wakes at 5 am to practise his fitness regime.
- He follows a vegetarian diet and follows a strict healthy routine. Meanwhile, he starts his routine with cereal, bananas, and protein milk.