Know About Harshaali Malhotra who graced Bollywood in the prominent Hindi film, Bajrangi Bhaijaan.
Harshaali Malhotra is an Indian actress and model. She is known for playing the role of Munni in the popular film Bajrangi Bhaijaan.
Whoever has seen Bajrangi Bhaijaan can never forget Munni, the kid who has won hearts with his endearing performance as a little girl from Pakistan. Today, after eight years, she is as adorable and naughty. If there is any difference, it’s her self-confidence and focus on acting.
Who is in the family of Harshaali Malhotra?
Harshaali was born on 3 June 2008 (age 15 years; as of 2023) to an affluent Punjabi family in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Harshaali’s father’s name is Vipul Malhotra. Meanwhile, her mother, Kajal Malhotra, is an interior designer. Moreover, Harshaali has a younger brother, Hardik Malhotra.
Harshaali Malhotra’s Education
There is not much information available about Harshaali Malhotra’s education. Meanwhile, currently, she is studying at Seven Square Academy, Mumbai.
Harshaali Malhotra, The Bollywood Bandwagon
In 2012, when she was 4, Harshaali made her acting debut with the TV show Qubool Hai, wherein she played the role of Young Zoya Farooqui. In the same year, she appeared in the TV show Laut Aao Trisha in which she played the role of Sania Swaika
Harshaali made her film debut as a child actor in Kabir Khan’s drama film Bajrangi Bhaijaan, wherein she played the lead role of Munni. Soon after Munni’s appearance in Bajrangi Bhaijaan, she earned acclaim for her innocence in the movie and was titled as one of the best child actresses. Soon after Bjarangi Bhaijaan, Harshaali appeared in the auditioning reality show Sabse Bada Kalakar.
What are the Recent Acting Projects of Harshaali Malhotra?
Soon after the grand success of Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Harshaali took a sabbatical break from the film industry. Further, she was working on her next film, Nastik opposite Arjun Rampal. The film was slated to be released in 2018. Nevertheless, it didn’t hit the theatres owing to an unidentified reason.
Harshaali Malhotra’s Controversy: Trolled For Calling Katrina Kaif “Aunty”
In 2016, Harshaali, in a social media post, wished Katrina Kaif, on her birthday. Moreover, the social media post was captioned Happy Birthday Katrina Auntie. Nevertheless, the caption didn’t go well with the netizens and they slammed Harshaali for calling Katrina “Auntie.”
Although Harshaali was only eight at that time, she mentioned Katrina as Aunty out of respect.
Harshaali Malhotra’s Awards and Recognitions
Harshaali’s earned recognition for Bajraangi Bhaijaan made her win several awards in 2015;
Big Star Entertainment Awards
- Most Entertaining Child Artist
- Entertaining Female Actress (Nominated)
Star Guild Awards
- Best Child Actress
- Female Debut (Nominated)
- Filmfare Awards for Best Debut Female (Nominated)
- Stardust Awards for Best Child Artist
- Screen Awards for Best Child Artist
- Zee Cine Awards for Best Debutant Female
What Were the Acting Fees for Harshaali Malhotra Aka Munni for the Bajrangi Bhaijaan?
If the reports are true, Harshaali charged INR 1.2 lakhs for her debut film, Bajraangi Bhaijaan.
Do You Know These Lesser Known Facts about Harshaali Malhotra?
- Harshaali was chosen among thousands of kids to play the role of Munni opposite Salman Khan. Meanwhile, prior to the release of Bajrangi Bhaijaan, her parents had to sign a contract not revealing any details about the blockbuster movie.
- Harshaali Malhotra follows a non-vegetarian diet. Moreover, she loves chicken.
- Malhotra shares a very good bond with Salman Khan. In a media interaction, Harshaali shared that she talks to Salman Khan on occasions like birthdays and festivals.
- Besides being an actor, Harshaali is a graceful dancer. Additionally, she often showcases her dancing skills on social media
- She is quite active on social media and has more than 1.7 million followers on Instagram. Moreover, Harshaali’s mother is in charge of managing all of her social media accounts.
- Harshaali often makes headlines for her resemblance with Katrina Kaif. Moreover, she is a big fan of Katrina.
- At first, there was a rumor going around that Salman is financing Harshaali’s education and had already paid a large amount for it. Nevertheless, later, Harshaali’s mother Kajal rubbished the rumours.
1. Who is the child actor in Bajrangi Bhaijaan?
Harshaali Malhotra played the role of Munni in Bajrangi Bhaijaan.
2. Who are the parents of Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra?
Harshaali’s father’s name is Vipul Malhotra. Meanwhile, her mother, Kajal Malhotra, is an interior designer. Moreover, Harshaali has a younger brother, Hardik Malhotra.
3. How was Harshaali Malhotra selected for Bajraangi Bhaijaan?
Harshaali was selected from thousands of children to portray the character of Munni alongside Salman Khan. The acting auditions took place in several states in India. Meanwhile, prior to the release of Bajrangi Bhaijaan, her parents had to sign a contract not revealing any details about the blockbuster movie.