With words that string together stories and acoustic beats that leave you nostalgic, singer-music composer Vishal Mishra has quickly garnered immense love among audiences.
Music has long had selective members, with each artist creating their niche. However, this is changing, and one of the musicians at the forefront of this wave is Vishal Mishra, a 32-year-old singer, songwriter, and music composer from Unnao, Uttar Pradesh who rose to fame with the song Kaise Hua from the film Kabir Singh.
Singing as a part of the school choir, Mishra developed a passion for music in his early teens. A talented artist, Jain began his career at a young age, making his debut on DD National as a teenager. Over the years, he has released multiple singles, showcasing his soulful and romantic vocal style. Mishra’s music often evokes a range of emotions, from joy and love to sadness and introspection, making him a favourite among fans who appreciate his ability to create heartfelt and moving songs. Whether he’s singing about life, love, or loss, Mishra’s music is always deeply personal and resonates with listeners on a profound level.
Childhood and Early Career
Vishal Mishra was born on 8 December 1991 (age 32 years; as of 2023) in Unnao, Uttar Pradesh. Born in a middle-class family, his father is a lawyer and builder, while his mother is a homemaker. Additionally, he has an elder brother and a sister. Blessed with a melodious voice since childhood, Vishal often participated in singing competitions in his school.
Ventured into Music
- In 2012, he made his television debut with the reality singing show Bharat Ki Shaan: Singing Star on DD National. Meanwhile, the show aired on DD National and was judged by the Indian music composer, Lalit Pandit.
- Owing to Vishal’s unique singing style, Lalit Pandit mentored him in the initial days of his singing career. Soon after he made his playback debut with the song Sham-O-Sher from the film Shorgul (2016).
- Meanwhile, in the same year, he made his music composer debut with the film Tutak Tu Tutiya and composed songs like Chalte Chalte and Rang De.
- In 2018, Vishal ventured into the Marathi music industry and composed music for Friendship Unlimited. For the film, Mishra composed fourteen songs and lent his voice to 6 songs.
- In the same year, he made his Hollywood debut as a composer with the song Na Chah Ke Bhi from the movie 5 Weddings.
- Besides, he has lent his voice to many popular songs like Veere, Selfish, Rafta Rafta Medley, Kaise Hua, Womaniya, and Aasma.
Awards and Achievements of Vishal Mishra
- Filmfare Award for Best Music Director for the film Kabir Singh in 2020
- Zee Cine Award for the song Kaise Hua from the film Kabir Singh in 2020
- Mirchi Music Award for Best Music Listener’s Choice for the film Kabir Singh in 2020
- Screen Award for the Best Music Director for the songs Kaise Hua & Pehla Pyar from the film Kabir Singh in 2019
What is the net worth of Vishal Mishra?
As of 2023, Vishal has an updated net worth of $0.8 million, which in INR is 6 Crores. Additionally, he earns INR 12-13 lakhs from music.
Do You Know These Lesser Known Facts About Vishal Mishra?
- Keen on learning music since childhood, Vishal often participated in several cultural functions in his school. Meanwhile, at the early age of ten, he received his first musical instrument, an electric guitar.
- Mishra was practising law in Bhubaneswar when he decided to pursue a full-time music career.
- Soon after he gave an audition for a Lucknow-based reality show Tukbaazi and he won the show.
- As of 2023, Vishal Mishra is unmarried. Additionally, he is not dating anyone
- Initially, Vishal’s parents were sceptical about his decision to pursue music. However, soon after seeing his accomplishments, they supported him.
- Do you know that Vishal auditioned for the famous singing reality show, Indian Idol? However, he was not selected.
- He is a dog lover and has a pet dog named Mario.
- Besides, Vishal Mishra is quite active on social media. As of 2023, Vishal Mishra has 4.8 Million followers on Instagram.