Harsh Anand Kumar Jain is an Indian entrepreneur. He made headlines after he was announced as a co-founder and CEO of Dream 11, an Indian Fantasy Sports Platform.
Harsh Jain was born in 1986 (age 37 years; as of 2023) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Soon after completing his primary schooling in Maharashtra, he attended Sevenoaks High School, in England. Later, he pursued a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Pennsylvania. Soon after his Bachelor’s, he attended the Columbia Business School, Columbia University where he obtained a Master of Business Administration. Since childhood, Jain was fond of sports and often participated in several sports activities during his school days.
- Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
- Hair Colour: Black
- Eye Colour: Black
He belongs to a Jain family
Parents & Siblings
Harsh Jain’s father, Anand Jain, is an Indian businessman executive who is the chairman of Jai Corp Limited. Often named as Dhirubai Ambani’s third son, in 2007, Anand Jain ranked 19th on Forbes India’s 40 richest list. Meanwhile, his mother, Sushma Jain, is a painter. Additionally, he has a younger sister, Neha Jain.
His younger sister, Neha Jain, entered into a marriage with Anurag Bagaria. Meanwhile, Bagaria owns a pharmaceutical company, KemWell Pharma.
Wife & Children
In 2013, Harsh Jain entered into a marriage with Rachana Shah. Following the marriage, the couple was blessed with a baby boy, Krish.
He follows Jainism.
While pursuing his undergraduate degree, he interned at Microsoft. While at Microsoft, he worked on the feasibility and commercial benefits for Microsoft to enter the Push-To-Talk (PTT) marketplace.
Subsequently, the next year, he joined his father’s company, Jai Corp Limited, as its Marketing Manager. Two years later, Harsh Jain decided to start something on his own. In 2010, he co-founded Red-Digital, a specialised social media agency. Meanwhile, Red-Digital signed up with several marquee brands like Dell, PepsiCo, Mumbai Indians, BMW, Parker Pens, Adidas, PVR, Godrej, Berger Paints, Reliance Foundation, Educomp, Citibank, ICC and The Discovery Channel.
In 2017, Harsh Join was appointed President of the Federation of Indian Fantasy Sports.
As of 2023, he serves as the Cultural Enforcement Officer and co-founder of Dream Sports. Meanwhile, it’s housing brands are
- Dream11: The World’s Largest Fantasy Sports Platform
- FanCode: A Premiere Sports Content & Commerce Platform
- Dream Capital
- Dream SetGo
- And, DreamPay
Along with Dream Sports, he has launched FanCode, Dream Capital, KheloMore, DreamSetGo, DreamX, and Dream Sports Foundation.
In 2022, an FIR was filed against the Dream11 co-founders, Harsh Jain and Bhavit Sheth for violating the Karnataka Police (Amendment) Act, 2021 (which banned the operation of games of chance and skill which involved money). Despite the amendment, Dream11 continued its operation in Karnataka.
However, soon after the case was filed, multiple petitioners including the Indian Gaming Federation (AIGF), Mobile Premier League, Games24x7, Gameskraft, Head Digital Works Private Limited, Federation of Indian Fantasy Sports (FIFS), and Junglee Games challenged the law. Owing to this, the Karnataka Police Amendment Act was struck down by Karnataka’s High Court.
Meanwhile, the Supreme Court already took a similar decision in August 2021. Hence, it dismissed Rajasthan’s High Court petition.
As of Financial Year 2022, he has an annual salary of INR 4 Crores.
As of 2023, Harsh Jain has an estimated net worth of $8 Million, which in INR is 52 Crores, according to several media houses. Meanwhile, his company, Dream11, has a towering valuation of $8 billion, which in INR is 65,000 Crores.
- He is an avid sports, technology, and gaming enthusiast.
- Fond of sports, he ardently supports Manchester United, Mumbai Indians, and the Indian Cricket Team.
- In 2008, soon after the initiation of the Indian Premier League, he decided to start the fantasy sports platform, Dream 11.
- Harsh is fond of dogs. Recalling his childhood days, Harsh, in an interview, mentioned that he often fed the stray dogs near his apartment. Meanwhile, during his teens, he brought a stray cat for adoption; however, his parents didn’t allow him.
- Owing to his love for dogs, his parents gifted him a beagle, Simba during his college years in Pennsylvania. However, when Simba was 5 years old, he passed away due to some serious illness.
- Harsh Jain along with his wife, Rachna Jain, established an NGO. Founded in 2020, this Mumbai-based NGO works for underprivileged children.