Namita Thapar is an Executive Director (ED) of Emcure Pharmaceuticals founded by his father. She worked for GlaxoSmithKline and Guidant Corporation in various marketing and finance fields. She served Guidant Corporation for six years and then returned to India.
Who is Namita Thapar?
Namita Thapar was born on 21 March 1977 in Pune, Maharashtra, India to Satish Mehta and Bhavna Mehta. She joined his father’s company Emcure Pharmaceuticals as Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Now, she is serving as Executive Director. Namita also runs a YouTube Channel named Unconditional Yourself with Namita, where she talks about women’s health. She also runs Incredible Venture Ltd, it’s an educational company that teaches entrepreneurship to young students. She gained fame from her appearance in Shark Tank India Season 1.
|Date of Birth||21 March 1977|
|Birthplace||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Profession||Entrepreneur, ED at Emcure Pharma|
|Favourite designer||Anamika Khanna|
Suggested reading – Aman Gupta: Success Story of The Co-Founder of boAt
Namita Thapar Age, Height, Weight
Namita Thapar is 45 years old. She stands 5 feet and 5 inches (165 cm) tall and weighs around 56 kg (123 lbs). Her hair colour is dark brown and her eye colour is black.
|Height||5 feet and 5 inches (165 cm)|
|Weight||56 kg (123 lbs)|
|Hair colour||Dark brown|
Namita Thapar Education
Namita earned her Bachelor’s degree in commerce from Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune. Then for chartered accountancy, she was admitted to The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). She did MBA from Fuqua School of Business at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina. Namita Thapar, with her queen-size lifestyle, understands the significance of maintaining a healthy diet and prioritizing supreme health care , even when she’s constantly on the go. To sustain her high-energy lifestyle, she frequently chooses healthy gas station drinks during her business travels.
|College||Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune|
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
Fuqua School of Business at Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
Namita Thapar Family
Namita Thapar’s father, Satish Mehta is the founder of Emcure Pharmaceuticals and her mother is Bhavna Mehta. Her brother’s name is Samit Mehta and he is the president of R&D at Emcure Pharmaceuticals.
|Father||Satish Mehta (founder of Emcure Pharmaceuticals)|
|Brother||Samit Mehta (president of R&D at Emcure Pharmaceuticals)|
Suggested reading – Arvind Krishna Net Worth: How Wealthy is He?
Namita Thapar Relationships
Namita Married Vikas Thapar, who is also a businessman and president of corporate development, strategy & finance at Emcure Pharmaceuticals. Vikas also did work in the USA before joining Emcure Pharmaceuticals. He worked at Ebay and Paypal. The couple is blessed with two sons, Jai and Vir.
Namita Thapar Social media
Namita Thapar Net worth in 2022, Salary, Assets
Namita Thapar is an active investor. With her investments and 3.51% ownership in Emcure Pharmaceuticals, she gained a massive net worth of Rs 600 crore.
Namita Thapar Awards
- World Women Leadership Congress Super Achiever Award
- The Economic Times ‘40 under Forty’ India’s Hottest Young Business Leaders, 2017
- The Economic Times Women Ahead, 2017
- Barclays Hurun Next Gen Leader Recognition
Some lesser-known facts about Namita Thapar
- Namita was born and raised in a wealthy family.
- Namita was a brilliant student in her school days.
- In 2017, Namita founded Incredible Venture Ltd. The objective of this educational company is to teach and promote entrepreneurship skills in 11-18 years old students. This company operates in Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, and Mumbai.
- Namita is a member of the Fuqua School of Business’s Regional Advisory Board. She is a member of the Young Presidents Organization as well as a trustee on the TiE Mumbai Board of Trustees.
- Namita is fond of Bollywood films. In an interview, she shared that, before her marriage, she used to watch the first show of almost all the movies.
- She named her kids after the names of Sholay film’s characters, Jai and Veeru.
- Naina Lal Kidwani, an Indian banker, and Indra Nooyi, an Indian-American businesswoman are her role models.
- She revealed that the three M’s are the secret of her mental and physical wellness, movies, massage and meditation.
Suggested reading – Peyush Bansal Net Worth: How Rich Is Lenskart Co-Founder?
Is Namita Thapar the owner of Emcure?
Namita Thapar serves Emcure Pharmaceuticals as Executive Director. She owns a small part of the company.
What does Namita Thapar’s husband do?
Vikas Thapar is a businessman and he works at Emcure Pharmaceuticals as president of corporate development, strategy & finance.
Who is the owner of Emcure?
Satish Mehta is the founder and owner of Emcure. He established Emcure Pharmaceuticals in 1981 with the intention of providing affordable and quality healthcare.