Over the course of her successful decade of singing career, Neeti Mohan Sharma has produced countless successes. Learn more about her!
Neeti Mohan Sharma is an Indian singer. She came into the limelight after lending her voice to the popular song Ishq Wala Love from the Hindi film Student of the Year.
Early Life and Education
- Born on 18 November 1979 (age 44 years; as of 2023) in Delhi, Neeti has a non-music background, His father, Brij Mohan Sharma, is a government officer and her mother, Kusum, is a homemaker. Additionally, she is the elder sister of acclaimed Hindi singers, Shakti Mohan, Kirti Mohan, and Mukti Mohan
- Awarded with a melodious voice since childhood, Neeti often participated in various cultural functions of her school. Additionally, an extracurricular student, Neeti has participated in the Delhi Republic Day Parade for five years in a row.
- For her stint in music, Neeti learned music formally at the Bhatkhande Music Institute, Lucknow. Later, she continued her music training with Rajshree Pathak in Mumbai.
- Besides her musical career, Neeti took classical dance training with her two sisters. Additionally, she is trained in Bharata Natyam and Kathak under the supervision of Ashley Lobo.
Received Her Breakthrough
- Soon after her formal music training, Neeti Mohan made her playback debut with the Hindi song Ishq Wala Love from Student of the Year.
- Between 2012 to 2020, Neeti lent her voice to many popular songs like Jiya Re from Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Nazar Laaye from Ranjhanaa, Tu hi Tu from Kick, and Haal-e-Dil from Sanam Teri Kasam.
- Meanwhile, Neeti has given her voice to many famous songs like Nainowale Ne, Meri Jaan from Gangubai Kathiawadi, and Pari from Dobaaraa.
Popularity in Reality Shows
- Besides lending her voice to famous songs, Neeti has made her appearance in many reality shows. In 2010, he made his reality show debut with Music Ka Maha Muqqabla.
- Meanwhile, in 2016, Neeti participated as a musical narrator in the show Yeh Hai Aashiqui. In the same year, Neeti judged three Hindi language reality shows, The Voice India Kids, The Voice India Season 2, and the Voice India Kids.
- Subsequently, Neeti has judged many musical reality shows including Rising Khatra Season 3 and Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Líl Champs 2022.
- Besides being an acclaimed musician, Neeti is an active philanthropist. In 2014, Neeti performed at the “Hum Hain Umeed E Kashmir”, to raise funds to support rehabilitation of those who suffered during the Kashmir flood.
- The same year, Neeti performed at a concert to raise funds for the Assam Flood.
- In June, in the year 2016, the renowned Indian singer and songwriter, Neeti Mohan, graced the stage at Smile Foundation Charity Gala Dinner.
- The event was organised to raise funds and donations for underprivileged children, who are often deprived of basic amenities like education and healthcare. With her mesmerising voice and soulful renditions, Neeti Mohan captivated the audience and made the evening a memorable one. The event was a huge success, and the contributions received helped in bringing a positive change in the lives of many underprivileged children.
Awards Received by Neeti Mohan
- In 2013 Neeti won the RD Burman Award for Jiya Re and Ishq Wala Love
- The same year, Neeti won the Mirchi Music Awards Upcoming Female Vocalist of The Year for Jiya Re
- In 2019 Neeti won the Mirchi Music Awards Indie Pop Song of the Year for Man Marziyan
What is the net worth of Neeti Mohan?
As of 2023, Neeti Mohan Sharma has an updated net worth of $4 million (approximately), which in INR is 33 crores. Additionally, Neeti Mohan charges INR 8 lakh for each song.
Neeti Mohan and Nihaar Pandya’s Relationship Timeline
Many of you know Neeti Mohan’s love story, but what’s not so known is her love life. There is only one guy, and with him, she acknowledges her relationship is Nihaar Pandey.
A friend of mine was a member of Aasma, the band that Neeti was a part of at the beginning of her career. I asked him several times to introduce us but that never happened. Coincidentally, I met her in Goa at the same friend’s wedding almost a year ago and that’s when our love story started.” says Nihar Pandya while opening up about his relationship with Neeti.
After dating, the duo entered into a marriage on 15 February 2019. Additionally, the adorable couple is parents to a son named Aryaveer. Meanwhile, Aryaveer was born on 2 June 2021.
Do You Know These Lesser Known Facts About Neeti Mohan?
- Neeti Mohan is an eco-friendly person and is always concerned about cleanliness. Additionally, she always carries a dustbin in her car.
- According to Neeti, the song Dhaadam Dhaadam from the film Bombay Velvet is the most difficult song of their career.
- Neeti never leaves her house without her recording bag.
- An avid dog lover, Neeti Mohan has a pet dog named Frodo.
- In a media interaction, Neeti revealed how she developed an interest in music. She claimed that watching Lord Krishna’s devotees singing at Iskcon temple in Vrindavan developed her interest in music.
- Besides musical talent, Neeti has good academics. Additionally, she is a graduate of philosophy.
- Neeti has a great bond with her three sisters, Shakti Mohan, Kriti Mohan, and Mukti Mohan. Shakti is a choreographer, Mukti is an actor and dancer, and Kirti is a relationship manager. Neeti frequently shares pictures on social media where she is seen spending quality time with her sisters.
- Neeti Mohan follows a vegetarian diet. Nevertheless, initially, she was a non-vegetarian.