Car owners are always concerned about the appearance of their vehicles and always want to keep their vehicles shining and spotless. So, among other things is a product known as Paint Protection Film, shortened as PPF which works as a resistor and combats your car paint from harmful things and damages like scratches, weather, and UV Rays. Meanwhile, if you are curious about how PPF helps with the car’s appearance resistance and want to know its importance and benefits, read this guide as we have mentioned all the details about Car Paint Protection Film.
What is the Paint Protection Film?
PPF, commonly called Paint Protection Film, is a clear or tinted film evenly applied to a vehicle’s exterior surface. Meanwhile, it can protect the paint from various forms of damage, is usually made of a thin layer of Urathine, and is transparent and self-healing.
Meanwhile, its other name is Anti-stone film and offers protection from road debris, rock and gravel, which often damage the vehicle if splashed against the car’s body. Not only stones and debris, but it can protect from insects, limescale, and resins while it has high hydrophobic properties.
Importance of Paint Protection Film
Along with it being an affordable choice, Paint Protection Film is a vital investment for car owners who are largely concerned about their vehicles and wish for a top-notch condition. If you decide to apply it, you can protect the car’s visible surface against damages, governmental hazards, and other types of damages that can be expensive to repair.
Meanwhile, if you are already done with PPF coating and your vehicle undergoes minor damage, you don’t have to replace or repair the whole car. A professional can help you with the same and will efficiently remove the PPF and apply another coating firmly over it.
In this below-mentioned list, we have mentioned all the features of the PPF Coating,
- Self-Healing: Damages like scratches and scuffs can affect the PPF. However, the film has self-healing capabilities as it is made up of Urethane. Hence, these minor scratches and abrasions can instantly go away after being cleaned with hot air treatment or warm water.
- Stain Resistance and Discoloration: Meanwhile, PPF has the power to protect the car’s exterior paint from several kinds of discolouration and stains. Not only this, but it assists in keeping the car in harsh conditions,
- Durable: According to an expert, PPF coating lasts for 10 years which eventually keeps the car paint new. Hence, this also adds to the resale value of the vehicle.
- Does Not Turn Yellow: Along with stain resistance and self-healing, PPF will not turn yellow when exposed to UV rays. Although it more looks like a plastic sheet, it does not discolour or fade over time
- Damage Protection: Meanwhile, the primary importance of applying PPF is that it protects your car from minor abrasions and maintains the colour in the best condition.
- Easy to Maintain: After applying PPF, it does not require complex procedures to maintain.
Types of Damages Resisted by Paint Protection Film Coat
Along with the features of PPF coating, here are the damages that are resisted by Paint Protection Film Coat,
- Bird droppings
- Acid rain
- Tree sap
- Insect stains
- Mineral deposits
- Water swirl marks
- Other environmental hazards
Types Of Paint Protection Films
Among the many varieties of PPF, in the below list, we have mentioned all the types of PPF,
- Gloss PPF
- Matte PPF
- Coloured PPF
- Cleared mask
- Clear bra
- Rock chip protection
- Clear wrap
- Car scratch protection film
Drawback of PPF
Nevertheless, although PPF can be a major help for vehicle durability and provides the best car exterior body protection, it has several limitations. They are,
- Has a Certain Limit: Although PPF is designated to protect your vehicle, it does not support high-impact collisions. Not only this, but certain collisions have certain damage and can break the film.
- Is Expensive: Despite its several benefits, it is not preferred by everyone. Meanwhile, the reason behind this is the PPF coating price which turns out to be unaffordable.
- PPF vs Ceramic Coating: Although PPF is superior to ceramic coating, it has some inferiority with the same.
PPF, or Paint Protection Films has brought us several benefits and can be preferred with the better health of vehicles. Meanwhile, if you are a luxury car owner, you need not worry as such cars come with PPF coating. Besides its few drawbacks, it could be the best go-to option for a future reselling option. Moreover, if you are looking forward to a PPF coat for your cars; but are not sure about its significance, and are constantly searching for “ How Much Does PPF material cost” you can go for our complete guide for your doubts.