Back in 2018, viewers got the opportunity to binge-watch another clinical series, New Amsterdam. The English series, New Amsterdam, debuted with the story of Dr. Max Goodwin after he became the medical director at New Amsterdam Medical Centre, one of the oldest hospitals in Amsterdam.
The Netflix series based on the book, Twelve Patients: Life and Death, became an instant hit for the viewers. After the renewal of its second season in 2020, the series then renewed for three more seasons.
After watching the Season 5 finale, will there be a Season 6 of New Amsterdam to anticipate? Read more to know whether the fans’ highly anticipated clinical series will be renewed for its 6th season.
Will There Be New Amsterdam Season 6?
Unfortunately, there won’t be a 6th part of New Amsterdam. Organisation reports announced that the fifth season, which premiered on Jan 17, 2023, would be the last season of the widespread clinical series. Despite the series getting much love from the audience, the series won’t be renewed for its 6th part.
On the negative side, the web series ratings gradually declined, following which the organization decided to cancel after its 5th season. The New Amsterdam series garnered only 5.2 million views, far from the first season which had 14 million views. The disappointing ratings and fewer viewers made the series stop at Season 5.
Who were the main cast of New Amsterdam?
The New Amsterdam was back in 2023 with the final and fifth seasons. If you are wonderous who’s who, do not worry, we have got a comprehensive Season 4 lineup of “New Amsterdam” characters and actors you need to know
- Ryan Eggold as Dr. Maximus “Max” Goodwin, MD, FACS, the medical director at New Amsterdam Medical Center
- Freema Agyeman as Dr. Helen Sharpe, MD, FACS, Head of the Oncology Department (seasons 1–4; guest season 5
- Janet Montgomery as Dr. Lauren Bloom, MD, FACS, Head of the Emergency Department
- Jocko Sims as Dr. Floyd Reynolds, MD, FACS, Head of Cardiothoracic Surgery Division
- Tyler Labine as Dr. Ignatius “Iggy” Frome, MD, FACS psychiatrist and Head of the Psychiatry Department
- Anupam Kher as Dr. Vijay Kapoor, MD, FACS former Head of the Neurology Department (seasons 1–3)
- Sandra Mae Frank as Dr. Elizabeth Wilder, a Deaf surgeon and the newest Chief of Oncology (season 5; recurring season 4)
1. Will there be a Season 6 of Netflix’s New Amsterdam?
No, Netflix will not renew the highly anticipated series for its 6th season.
2. Why did Dr. Kapoor leave New Amsterdam?
In the series, you can see that Vijay Kapoor recovered from a life-threatening illness. Later, he sent his resignation due to his health crisis.
3. How many Seasons does New Amsterdam have?
The clinical series has five action-packed series.
4. Where can we watch New Amsterdam?
You can watch the web series New Amsterdam on Netflix.