Ghazal Alagh, a Panjab University Alumni, is a corporate trainer turned entrepreneur. Scroll to know more!
Mama Earth’s story is an inspiration to all. Co-founded by Ghazal Alagh, it disrupted the Indian Beauty Market when natural cosmetics weren’t that popular- and beauty was something no one could have imagined to be that natural. Ghazal was 28 years old when she embarked on the journey of entrepreneurship which shows how success is ageless and can be achieved when one’s heart desires. Meanwhile, in this write-up, know the net worth of Ghazal Alagh and what contributes to it.
Ghazal Alagh Net Worth
As of 2023, Ghazal Alagh has an estimated net worth of $19 Million, which in INR is 142 Crores. Although she has various income sources, Ghazal Alagh’s majority comes from her company, MamaEarth. Meanwhile, her net worth increases by 8.4 percent to 17.9 percent every year,
|Net Worth (2023)||$19 Million|
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||142 Crores INR (approximately)|
|Monthly Income And Salary||INR 3 Crores|
|Yearly Income||INR 19 Crores (Approximately)|
|Last Updated||September 2023|
Ghazal Alagh Net Worth Growth
Here’s an estimated growth in Ghazal Alagh’s net worth in years,
|Net Worth In 2023||$19 Million|
|Net Worth In 2022||$19 Million|
|Net Worth In 2021||$16 Million|
|Net Worth In 2020||$14 Million|
|Net Worth In 2019||$13 Million|
|Net Worth In 2018||$9 Million|
Fleet of Cars
Besides having a staggering net worth, Ghazal Alagh’s fascination with cars is well-known. Meanwhile, as of 2023, her enviable car collection includes an Audi A8 worth INR 1.57 Crores and a Toyota Fortuner worth INR 43.43 Lakhs.
Along with cars, Ghazal Alagh and her husband, Varun Alagh, are owners of a duplex apartment in Gurgaon. Besides, the couple has invested significantly in real estate and has multiple properties across India.
Education and Initial Career
- In 2008, soon after pursuing her graduation at Panjab University Chandigarh, she started working at NIIT Limited, Chandigarh. Meanwhile, at NIIT, she was responsible for training software applications like SQL, J2ME, and Oracle.
- In 2012, Ghazal started a diet-planned website named Dietexpert.com. Meanwhile, the website provided customised diet plans, followed by more than 2000 people.
Foundation of Mamaearth
- Ghazal Alagh and Varun Alagh’s newborn son, Agastya Alagh (2014), were allergic to almost every skincare product available in the Indian market. Hence, this prompted Ghazal to innovate a baby skin care product.
- Owing to this, in 2015, Ghazal Alagh and her husband started Honasa Consumer Pvt. Limited (MamaEarth) at Gurgaon. Meanwhile, Ghazal started working as its Chief Innovation Officer.
- Moreover, in the years, MamaEarth has seen a rise in consumers nationally and Internationally. Along with India, the cosmetic brand takes orders from Nepal and Bangladesh.
- As of May 2023, MamaEarth has an estimated net worth of INR 250 Crores, whereas, the company values around INR 6000 Crores.
Shark Tank and Other Investments
- In 2021, Ghazal Alagh made her television debut with the reality show Shark Tanks. In the show, she was featured along with Vineeta Singh, Peyush Bansal, Namita Thapar, Ashneer Grover, Anupam Mittal, and Aman Gupta, who were called Sharks.
- Meanwhile, through the business show, Ghazal invested in eight startups named Uvi Health, The Sass Bar, Sunfox Technologies, Watt Technovations, Humpy A2, Gold Safe Solution Industries, Wakao Foods, and Nomad Food Project.
Awards and Achievements
- 2018-19: She received the Best Brand of the Year Award for MamaEarth, respectively.
- 2019: Listed Among the forty under forty achievers of India
- 2019: Super StartUps Asia Award
Who is in the Family of Ghazal Alagh?
Born on 2 September 1988 (age 35 years; as of 2023), Ghazal Alagh was born in a wealthy family to Kailash Sahni and Sunita Sahni. Meanwhile, Ghazal has two siblings, Chirag Sahni and Agastya Chauhan. Moreover, her family follows the religion of Hinduism.
On 28 January 2011, Ghazal Alagh entered into a marriage with Varun Alagh, who is the co-founder of MamaEarth. The couple has two children, Agastya Alagh and Aayan Alagh.
Do You know these lesser-known facts about Ghazal Alagh?
- Before venturing into entrepreneurship, Ghazal Alagh was a corporate trainer.
- While she ventured as one of the sharks at the Shark Tanks, she was eight months pregnant with her son, Aayan Alagh.
- In a media interaction, she mentioned who is her business idol. It was Vivek Gambhir, the CEO of Boat.
- Fascinated with arts, Ghazal Alagh, soon after pursuing her graduation, pursued a Summer Intensive Course in Modern Arts at the School of Visual Arts, New York. In addition, she attended the New York Academy of Art where she pursued an intensive course in figurative art.
- Besides pursuing entrepreneurship, she often practises her passion, art. Not only this but she has exhibited nationally and internationally. She was also recognized as top ten women artists in India.